BCPVPA elections for President-elect and four Directors
Nominations close May 5. Elections in June.
Standing for election (as of April 27)
- Darren Danyluk (Rocky Mountain)
- David DeRosa (Kootenay-Columbia)
- Carol-Ann Leidloff (Kootenay Lake)
- Susan Clough (Surrey)
- Steve DallaLana (Prince George)
- Beverly Forster (Bulkley Valley)
- Ashif Jiwa (Delta)
- Read Jorgensen (Greater Victoria)
- Susan Nichols (Vancouver Elementary)
BCPVPA members will elect a President-Elect and four Directors in June. The newly-elected members will join existing members of the Board who are completing their terms. The elections will take place with the following timeline:
- Nominations opened Monday, April 3.
- Nominations close Friday, May 5 at 5 pm.
- Candidates will speak at the Chapter Council meeting to be held in Richmond, May 12-13 (time to be determined).
- A special election issue of eNews, with candidate statements, will be published on May 19.
- Written statements for all candidates are limited to 550 words.
- The election for President-elect will take place June 6 to 8.
- To be successful a candidate for President-elect must receive 50% of the votes cast plus one.
- Additional ballots will be held as required.
- A candidate who is not successful as President-elect may choose to stand for election as a Director.
- The election for Directors will take place June 13-15 (unless additional ballots are required for President-elect, in which case, the election for Directors will take place once a President-elect candidate has been successful).
- The President-elect begins a one-year term on July 1, followed by a two-year term as President and a one-year term as Past President (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2021).
- Directors begin their two-year terms on July 1.
- If you have questions about the roles and responsibilities of Directors, email Kevin Reimer (email@example.com) or Kit Krieger (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have questions about the timeline/process, email Richard Williams (email@example.com).
Download the President-elect nomination form http://bit.ly/BCPVPAPresidentElect
Download the Director nomination form http://bit.ly/BCPVPADirector