BCPVPA Election for 7 Directors
Nominations are now open for the upcoming election for BCPVPA Directors. Members will elect six Directors to two-year terms and one Director to a one-year term. The one-year term will fill the one-year term left vacant as Kevin Reimer becomes Executive Director on July 1. The successful candidate with the least number of votes assumes the one-year position as Director.
Nominations close at 5 pm, May 4.
Download your nomination form here.
The timeline for the election is as follows:
- May 4: Nominations close (5 pm)
- May 12: Candidates speak at Chapter Council
- May 18: Election statements published/distributed with eNews and on website
- June 5-7: Election held via secure electronic ballot
- July 1: Terms begin.
Candidates currently standing for election (as of April 25):
- Mike Franklin (Cariboo-Chilcotin)
- Heidi Grant (Nechako Lakes)
- Brett Johnson (Greater Victoria)
- Read Jorgensen (Greater Victoria)
- Lee Karpenko (Prince George)
- Carol-Ann Leidloff (Kootenay Lake)
- Brian Leonard (Coquitlam)
- Des Sjoquist (Central Okanagan)