Teachers’ Pension Plan
The Teachers’ Pension Plan website has many resources available about the TPP including:
- Attend an information seminar and get to know your pension plan. View the schedules, register online and learn more about the seminars, including viewing the seminar handbooks.
- Calculate your future pension online today. This pension estimator will give you a better understanding of your future pension payments. Use this tool to estimate how much it will cost you to purchase a period of service. Perfect for those who’ve taken a leave of absence or maternity leave, or worked for periods without being credited with service. The estimator tells you how much your pension will increase and also helps you apply for your purchase if you’re eligible.
These resources can be found here.
The BCPVPA provides resources for members who are nearing retirement, including checklists, pension facts and links to various packages available through the Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- A BCPVPA FAQ on Pensions — Revised November 2012 — a pdf document
- A BCPVPA FAQ on LTD — * Revised March 2012 — a pdf document
- A BCPVPA Retirement Checklist on what to do before you retire — A pdf document
- BCPVPA members who are in their 35th year of service or 65 years of age (whichever comes first) can notify their payroll department to stop LTD payments 120 work days prior to reaching either of these milestones. You must have a minimum of 120 banked sick days or a sick leave plan that will cover you for 120 days in order to qualify for cancelling these payments. A person who is retiring with less than 35 years of service can stop their LTD payments 90 work days prior to their retirement date. While the Association does not recommend members take this option, this form can be downloaded here. For information regarding LTD please contact the BCPVPA Contract and Legal Department.
- A BCPVPA Pension Fact Sheet (on eligibility, minimum and maximum amounts, and more) — A pdf document.
Teachers’ Pension Plan resources are available here