The BCPVPA’s Strategic Goals (2014-2017)
The BCPVPA will advocate for fair and total compensation for members.
- The Association will continue provincial advocacy for the compensation framework developed by the BCPSEA Exempt Staff Compensation Work Group [ESCWG].
- The Association will develop strategies to advance and achieve the compensation framework in school districts.
- The Association will work with the government of British Columbia, the Ministry of Education, BCPSEA, BCSTA, BCSSA and BCASBO to advance the ESCWG compensation framework.
The Association will promote and advocate for the roles of principals and vice-principals
- The Association will engage the membership in discussions to develop an advocacy framework that includes consideration of members’ statutory obligations, roles on district management teams, and the volume and complexity of the role of school-based administrators.
- The Association will clarify and promote the alignment between the role, responsibilities and resources that support leadership roles.
- The Association will communicate the link between the role of principals and vice-principals and student achievement.
- The Association will develop a vehicle to communicate the role of principals and vice-principals.
The Association will use technology to enhance communication and engagement with members and other audiences
- The Association will assess the organization’s use of technology to engage members.
- The Association will develop a webinar strategy to engage members on a variety of issues related to the BCPVPA mandate and programs.
- The Association will host a series of Twitter chats on topics of interest to members.
- The Association will identify and meet the needs of members in remote chapters.
The BCPVPA will build the Association’s capacity to support members in their leadership roles
- The Association will review the purpose and effectiveness of BCPVPA governance structures.
- The Association will successfully implement the Supervision for Learning program.
- The Association will develop an education program to provide orderly succession planning in the Contract and Legal division.
- The Association will develop a program to support members to effectively fulfill their role in evaluating teachers. (Subject to MoE funding).
- The Association will review processes used to undertake performance reviews of members and develop affective and research-based models.
- The Association will develop a network to support personalized learning and curriculum implementation for members.